I’d be remiss if I didn’t share the two following recipes with the world (Shelly, turn the other way):
Freakin’ yummy pancakes!!!!!!
Buttermilk Banana Pancakes (courtesy of Cooking Light)
1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 T. uncooked instant farina (such as Cream of Wheat)
1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup mashed banana (about 1 large)
To prepare pancakes, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 6 ingredients (through farina) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Fold in banana. Let batter sit for a couple of minutes.
Spoon 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
Shal’s pancake tips: Have your griddle on medium the whole time your mixing. Rub Crisco (not butter) on a couple of minutes before you’re ready to cook.
Next, for the sweet loves salty crowd
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar (I use Baker’s Fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using an air popper, pop corn kernels into a large bowl. While corn pops, drizzle butter all over it (I use a turkey baster to take the butter right out of the pan); stir well. As the large bowl begins to fill, alternately drizzle butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- When popcorn stops popping, I through it into a brown paper bag and shale it every which way to ensure ingredients are evenly distributed. Serve immediately.
Add a fireplace and a good game of Crazy 8’s for a perfect night!!